Except, of course, that I’ve not bought Autotrader in years. Can’t be doing with giving money to tax-dodgers like the Guardian group, can we? That’d be horribly hypocritical…
A man and a woman who had never met before, but were both married to other people, found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a transcontinental train. Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired and fell asleep quickly…. he in the upper bunk and she in the lower. At about 1:00 AM, the man leaned over and gently woke the woman saying, “Ma’am, I’m sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet to let me a second blanket? I’m awfully cold. ”
“I have a better idea,” she replied. “Just for tonight, let’s just pretend that we’re married.”
“Wow! That’s a great idea!” he exclaimed!
“Good,” she replied… “Get your own fucking blanket. ”
After a stunned moment of silence, he farted.
I’d like to thank TLG for sending me that particular one…
If you’re down on your luck…
If there’s nobody else you can call…
And if you can find some card and a permanent marker…
Then maybe you can get a couple of quid using the power of thought…
So, who out of the above would get your hard earned?
Some are old, some are new, but I can’t be arsed checking which is which, so here you go:
On an Air NZ Flight with a very ‘senior’ flight attendant crew, the Pilot said, ‘Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants.’
On landing the hostess said, ‘Please be sure to take all your belongings. If you’re going to leave anything, please make sure it’s something we’d like to have.’
‘There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways to leave the aircraft.’
As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Auckland , a lone Voice came over the loudspeaker: ‘Whoa, big fella. WHOA!’
After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in Adelaide, a flight attendant on a Qantas flight announced, ‘Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, sure as f*** everything has shifted.’
From a Qantas employee: ‘Welcome aboard Qantas Flight X to Y to operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and, if you don’t know how to operate one, you probably shouldn’t be out in public un-supervised.’
‘In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one small child, pick your favourite.
‘Weather at our destination is 32 degrees with some broken clouds, but we’ll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Qantas Airlines.’
‘Your seat cushions can be used for flotation; and in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments
Heard on Qantas Airlines just after a very hard landing in Hobart . The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, ‘That was quite a bump and I know what you are all thinking. I’m here to tell you it wasn’t the airline’s fault, it wasn’t the pilot’s fault, it wasn’t the flight attendant’s fault… it was the asphalt!’
Another flight attendant’s comment on a less than perfect landing: ‘We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal.’
An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile, and give them a ‘Thanks for flying United. ‘He said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment. Finally everyone had got off except for an old lady walking with a cane. She said, ‘Sonny, mind if I ask you a question?’ ‘Why no Ma’am,’ said the pilot. ‘What is it?’
The little old lady said, ‘Did we land or were we shot down?’
After a real crusher of a landing in Sydney , the Flight Attendant came on with, ‘Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Captain Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we’ll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal.’
Part of a flight attendant’s arrival announcement: ‘We’d like to thank you folks for flying with us today. And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurised metal tube, we hope you’ll think of Qantas.’
A plane was taking off from Mascot Airport . After it reached a comfortable cruising altitude, the captain made an announcement over the intercom, ‘Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to Flight Number XYZ, non-stop from Sydney to Auckland . The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have smooth and uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax – ARGHHH! OH, MY GOD!’ Silence followed and after a few minutes, the captain came back on the intercom and said, ‘Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so sorry if I scared you earlier, but, whi le I was talking, the flight attendant brought me a cup of coffee and spilled the hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!’
A passenger in Economy said, ‘That’s nothing. He should see the back of mine!’
Top o’the hat to TLG.
- I can see your point, but I still think you’re full of sh*t.
- I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet it’s hard to pronounce.
- How about never? Is never good for you?
- I see you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
- I’m really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way.
- Who lit the fuse on your tampon?
- I’m out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.
- I don’t work here. I’m a consultant.
- It sounds like English, but I can’t understand a word you’re saying.
- Ahhhh. I see the f*ck-up fairy has visited us again.
- I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
- You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
- I have plenty of talent and vision; I just don’t give a sh*t.
- I’m already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
- I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
- Thank you. We’re all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
- The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you’re an artist.
- Any resemblance between your reality and mine are purely coincidental.
- What am I? Flypaper for freaks?!
- I’m not being rude. You’re just insignificant.
- It’s a thankless job, but I’ve got a lot of Karma to burn off.
- Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
- And your cry-baby whiny-ar*ed opinion would be?
- Do I look like a f*cking people person to you?
- This isn’t an office. It’s Hell with fluorescent lighting.
- I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
- Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.
- If I throw a stick, will you leave?
- Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
- Whatever kind of look you were aiming for, you missed.
- Oh I get it. Like humour, but different………
- An office is just a mental institute without the padded walls.
- Can I swap this job for what’s behind door……….1?
- Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
- Nice perfume (or aftershave). Must you marinate in it?
- Chaos, panic, and disorder. My work here is done.
- How do I set a laser printer to stun?
- I thought I wanted a career; it turns out I just needed the money.
- I’ll try being nicer if you’ll try being more intelligent.
- Wait a minute – I’m trying to imagine you with a personality.
- Aren’t you a black hole of need.
- I’d like to help you out, which way did you come in?
- Did you eat an extra bowl of stupid this morning?
- Why don’t you slip into something more comfortable? Like a coma.
- If you have something to say raise your hand… then place it over your mouth.
- I’m too busy, can I ignore you some other time?
- Don’t let your mind wander, it’s too small to be let out on its own.
- Have a nice day, somewhere else.
- You’re not yourself today, I noticed the improvement straight away.
- Do you hear that? That’s the sound of no-one caring.
Emailed, as is so much, by TLG.
If you see a fat man
Who’s jolly and cute,
Wearing a beard and a red
And if he is chuckling and
While flying around in a
With eight tiny reindeer to pull
Then let’s face it…
Merry Christmas and
a Happy 2009!
Yes, I know, it’s fucking awful. But I’m too lazy to be thinking of content just now, so this is what you get…
God: The Facebook profile
One of the things that always gets me about driving abroad, especially in France, is the sheer lunacy of the mopeds.
The whole populace is represented on them. From fat old duffers struggling to get to the pie shop, to svelte young things off to cavort with others like them; from bag ladies to high flying execs; from careful drivers to absolute loons.
Actually, no. I’ve yet to see a single careful driver. They’re all mad. Especially the ones who look like this:
One of the stranger things I saw recently was a young fella (mid 20s, I’d say), with a kid in front of him, and another behind him. Doing wheelies at about 40 down the Promenade des Anglais.
I’d have been in a better position to appreciate his skill if he hadn’t been cutting me up at the time… Flash bastard…
A small boy is sent to bed by his father.
Five minutes later…..’Da-ad….’
‘I’m thirsty. Can you bring a drink of water?’
‘No, You had your chance. Lights out.’
Five minutes later: ‘Da-aaaad…..’
‘I’m THIRSTY. Can I have a drink of water??’
‘ I told you NO! If you ask again, I’ll have to smack you!!’
Five minutes later……’Daaaa-aaaad..’
‘When you come in to smack me, can you bring a drink of water?’
And who says that children don’t know the consequences of their actions?
You know the old warnings you were given as a child?
Stop, Look and Listen before you cross the road
When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend
No it’s not big and it’s not clever, and if you put it back now perhaps you’ll only get a community sentence
All classics, and all very wise and obvious when you think about it, even as a ten year old.
But there was one that has only really hit home now. After all, when you’re ten, what harm could possibly come from accepting sweeties from strange men?
A little girl asked her mother, ‘Can I go outside and play with the boys?’
Her mother replied, ‘No, you can’t play with the boys, they’re too rough.’
The little girl thought about it for a few moments and asked, ‘If I can find a smooth one, can I play with him?’
For the record, I claim to be neither too rough, nor too smooth…
I have no qualms about admitting that I’m a bit of a geek. About computing, about flying, about massive works of civil engineering, I am a geek.
This confession may go some way towards explaining my current excitement.
For quite some time, I have been pencilled in to assist on The Tour III, wherein I shall carry bags, push chairs, drive rental cars and probably read more than I have for the last three months.
However, in firming up the dates for The Tour, there was discovered a clash: TLG has herself a birthday on the day I was supposed to be flying out. Which has provided a little hiccup, which in the end has worked out to my advantage.
For, y’see, I shall get to skip the first couple of days of the Tour, get to spend the day with TLG for her birthday, get a random night out in London town, and then get to get a geeky first done: my first time through the Channel Tunnel, and my first time in the new St Pancras.
‘course, that was the plan. Then there was a minor fire a couple of weeks ago, and there followed a number of emails from Eurostar saying ‘cancel all non-essential journeys plz’. Well, my presence on parts of the Tour is essential, and being with TLG for her birthday strikes me as quite necessary as well, so Mr Eurostar, deal with it and get me on board.
I’ll be sure to be back here ranting and raving should they fail to do that…
Socialism: You have 2 cows and you give one to your neighbour.
Communism: You have 2 cows; the Government takes both and gives you some milk.
Fascism: You have 2 cows; the Government takes both and sells you some milk.
Nazism: You have 2 cows; the Government takes both and shoots you.
Bureaucratism: You have 2 cows; the Government takes both, shoots one, milks the other and throws the milk away..
Traditional Capitalism: You have 2 cows. You sell one and buy a bull. You herd multiplies, and the economy grows. You sell them and retire on the income.
A American Corporation: You have 2 cows. You sell one, and force the other to produce the milk of four cows. Later, you hire a consultant to analyze why the cow dropped dead.
A French Corporation: You have 2 cows. You go on strike because you want three cows.
Japanese Corporation: You have 2 cows. You redesign them so they are one-tenth the size of an ordinary cow and produce twenty times the milk. You then create a clever cow cartoon image called Cowkimon and market them Worldwide.
A German Corporation: You have 2 cows. You reengineer them so they live for 100 years, eat once a month, and milk themselves.
A British Corporation: You have 2 cows. Both are mad.
An Italian Corporation: You have 2 cows, but you don’t know where they are. You break for lunch.
A Russian Corporation: You have 2 cows. You count them and learn you have five cows. You count them again and learn you have 42 cows. You count them again and learn you have 2 cows. You stop counting cows and open another bottle of vodka.
A Swiss Corporation: You have 5000 cows. None of which belong to you. You charge others for storing them.
Chinese Corporation: You have 2 cows. You have 300 people milking them. You claim full employment, high bovine productivity, and arrest the newsman who reported the numbers.
An Iraqi Corporation: Everyone thinks you have lots of cows. You tell them that you have none. No one believes you and they bomb your ass. You still have no cows, but at least now you are part of a Democracy…….
Counter Culture: ‘Wow, dig it, like there’s these 2 cows, man, grazing in the hemp field. You gotta have some of this milk’
Surrealism: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.
Fatalist: You have 2 doomed cows…
Hong Kong Capitalism: You have 2 cows. You sell 3 of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all 4 cows back, with a tax deduction for keeping 5 cows. The milk rights of 6 cows are transferred via a Panamanian intermediary to a Cayman Islands company secretly owned by the majority shareholder, who sells the rights to all 7 cows’ milk back to the listed company and proceeds from the sale are deferred. The annual report says that the company owns 8 cows, with an option on one more. Meanwhile, you kill the 2 cows because the feng shui is bad.
An Indian Corporation: You have 2 cows. You worship them.
An Australian Corporation: You have 2 cows. Business seems pretty good. You close the office and go down the pub to celebrate.
A list of actual announcements that London Tube train drivers have made to their passengers…
- ‘Ladies and Gentlemen, I do apologize for the delay to your service. I know you’re all dying to get home, unless, of course, you happen to be married to my ex-wife, in which case you’ll want to cross over to the Westbound and go in the opposite direction.’
- ‘Your delay this evening is caused by the line controller suffering from E & B syndrome: not knowing his elbow from his backside. I’ll let you know any further information as soon as I’m given any.’
- ‘Do you want the good news first or the bad news? The good news is that last Friday was my birthday and I hit the town and had a great time. The bad news is that there is a points failure somewhere between Stratford and East Ham, which means we probably won’t reach our destination.’
- ‘Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for the delay, but there is a security alert at Victoria station and we are therefore stuck here for the foreseeable future, so let’s take our minds off it and pass some time together. All together now…. ‘Ten green bottles, hanging on a wall…..’.’
- ‘We are now travelling through Baker Street … As you can see, Baker Street is closed. It would have been nice if they had actually told me, so I could tell you earlier, but no, they don’t think about things like that’.
- ‘Beggars are operating on this train. Please do NOT encourage these professional beggars. If you have any spare change, please give it to a registered charity. Failing that, give it to me.’
- During an extremely hot rush hour on the Central Line, the driver announced in a West Indian drawl: ‘Step right this way for the sauna, ladies and gentleman… unfortunately, towels are not provided.’
- ‘Let the passengers off the train FIRST!’ (Pause ) ‘Oh go on then, stuff yourselves in like sardines, see if I care – I’m going home….’
- Please allow the doors to close. Try not to confuse this with ‘Please hold the doors open.’ The two are distinct and separate
- ‘Please note that the beeping noise coming from the doors means that the doors are about to close. It does not mean throw yourself or your bags into the doors.’
- ‘We can’t move off because some idiot has their hand stuck in the door.’
- ‘To the gentleman wearing the long grey coat trying to get on the second carriage — what part of ‘stand clear of the doors’ don’t you understand?’
- ‘Please move all baggage away from the doors.’ (Pause..) ‘Please move ALL belongings away from the doors.’ (Pause…) ‘This is a personal message to the man in the brown suit wearing glasses at the rear of the train: Put the pie down, Four-eyes, and move your bloody golf clubs away from the door before I come down there and shove them up your arse sideways!’
- ‘May I remind all passengers that there is strictly no smoking allowed on any part of the Underground. However, if you are smoking a joint, it’s only fair that you pass it round the rest of the carriage
The following was sent to me with the intention that it be symbolise something good happening.
However, I am not made happy by it. No, I’m slightly worried.
Is the world ready for the image of The Hoff doing the Hammer dance? That much anti-awesome can’t be good…
I only say for the ladies, because I wouldn’t touch the vinegary stuff. If wine must be drunk, common decency demands that it be red…
IMPORTANT HEALTH ADVICE FOR WOMEN
Do you have feelings of inadequacy?
Do you suffer from shyness?
Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about White Wine.
White Wine is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions. White Wine can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you’re ready and willing to do just about anything.
You will notice the benefits of White Wine almost immediately and with a regimen of regular doses you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.
Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will discover many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start living, with White Wine.
White Wine may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use White Wine. However, women who wouldn’t mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.
Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, erotic lustfulness, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.
The consumption of White Wine may make you think you are whispering when you are not.
The consumption of White Wine is a major factor in dancing like an idiot.
The consumption of White Wine may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.
The consumption of White Wine may cause you to think you can sing.
The consumption of White Wine may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning..
The consumption of White Wine may make you think you can logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.
The consumption of White Wine may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people
NOW JUST IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD ACHIEVE WITH RED WINE!!!
Seriously, I’d like to thank The Ark for looking after this particular joke for so long…
First-year students at Texas A&M’s Vet school were receiving their first anatomy class, with a real dead cow. They all gathered around the surgery table with the body covered with a white sheet.
The professor started the class by telling them, ‘In Veterinary Medicine it is necessary to have two important qualities as a doctor: The first is that you not be disgusted by anything involving the animal body.’ For an example, the Professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in the butt of the dead cow, withdrew it and stuck it in his mouth. ‘Go ahead and do the same thing,’ he told his students.
The students freaked out, hesitated for several minutes. But eventually took turns sticking a finger in the anal opening of the dead cow and sucking on it. When everyone finished, the Professor looked at them and said, ‘The second most important quality is observation…I stuck in my middle finger and sucked on my index finger. Now learn to pay attention. Life’s tough, it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.’
A farmer named Seamus had a car accident.
In court, the lorry company’s hot-shot solicitor was questioning Seamus.
‘Didn’t you say to the Police at the scene of the accident, ‘I’m fine?’ asked the solicitor.
Seamus responded: ‘Well, I’ll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favourite cow, Bessie, into the…’
‘I didn’t ask for any details’, the solicitor interrupted. ‘Just Answer the question. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, ‘I’m fine!’?’
Seamus said, ‘Well, I had just got Bessie into the trailer and I was driving down the road….’
The solicitor interrupted again and said, ‘Your Honour, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the police on the scene that he was fine. Now several weeks after the accident, he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question.’
By this time, the Judge was fairly interested in Seamus’s answer and said to the solicitor: ‘I’d like to hear what he has to say about his favourite cow, Bessie’.
Seamus thanked the Judge and proceeded. ‘Well as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie, my favourite cow, into the trailer and was driving her down the road when this huge lorry and trailer came through a stop sign and hit my trailer right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch and Bessie was thrown into the other. I was hurt, very bad like, and didn’t want to move.
However, I could hear old Bessie moaning and groaning. I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans. Shortly after the accident, a policeman on a motorbike turned up. He could hear Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her. After he looked at her, and saw her condition, he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes.
Then the policeman came across the road, gun still in hand, looked at me, and said, ‘How are you feeling?’
‘Now what the F*ck would you say?’
… ‘cos the southern variety don’t normally mix guns and motorbikes…
Three tortoises, Mick, Alan and Les, decide to go on a picnic. So Mick packs the picnic basket with beer and sandwiches. The trouble is the picnic site is ten miles away so it takes them ten days to get there. When they get there Mick unpacks the food and beer. ‘Ok Les. Give me the bottle opener.’ ‘I didn’t bring it,’ says Les. ‘I thought you packed it.’
Mick gets worried and turns to Alan, ‘Did you bring the bottle opener?’ Naturally Alan didn’t bring it. So they’re stuck ten miles from home without a bottle opener. Mick and Alan beg Les to go back for it, but he refuses as he says they will eat all the sandwiches. After two hours, and after they have sworn on their tortoise lives that they will not eat the sandwiches, he finally agrees. So Les sets off down the road at a steady pace.
Twenty days pass and he still isn’t back and Mick and Alan are starving, but a promise is a promise. Another five days and he still isn’t back, but a promise is a promise. Finally they can’t take it any longer so they take out a Sandwich each, and just as they are about to eat it, Les pops up from behind a rock and shouts…
‘I KNEW IT!! … I’M NOT F*CKING GOING!’
Last week, I got in trouble.
I posted a thoughtless, stereotypical email that was sent to me. And I got a bit of grief for it; MFG didn’t like it because of the aforementioned stereotypical-ness, and my girlfriend didn’t much like it because, well, it was slightly insulting to women…
So this Sunday, I will instead posts something insightful, carefully thought out and original. Honest.
And this I shall now do, using this story for inspiration.
A car driver in Australia has been fined for strapping down his beer rather than his young child.
Police said they were “shocked and appalled” when they pulled over the car south of Alice Springs in Australia’s Northern Territory.
They said the 30-can pack of beer was strapped down between two adults in the back, with the five-year-old child unrestrained on the floor.
And now for the original thought: what’s the problem? Sure you’re not going to hit anything in that part of the world, so strapping people in isn’t much of an issue. But keeping beer properly secured and in the shade is critically important, because you wouldn’t want a warm beer, would you?
Fret ye not; regular posting will resume at some point…