There is one Chrismas song that I can hear over and over without feeling sixk or wanting to hunt down and kill those behind it.
It seems like I’m not alone in this, cos that sone got voted Best Christmas song ever. Obviously a good thing.
Less good is the rest of the poll result:
- Fairytale of New York – The Pogues/ Kirsty MacColl
- Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid
- Last Christmas – Wham!
- Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
- Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid 20
- All I Want For Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Happy Xmas (War is Over) – John Lennon
- Stay Another Day – East 17
Wow. Eight of those songs make me want to find and hurt any of the people behind them. Two I can tolerate. And of the eight, one makes me vomit every time I hear it…