It seems that Mr Bolan subverted a little meme that’s running about. Specificially, the ten views I hold without evidence meme. And I fancied a bit of stealage, but with a twist.
And so, I present: Ten Views I Hold Despite Evidence To The Contrary (And Some Reasons I Could Be Wrong). A catchy title, I’m sure you’ll agree.
- Most people are, at heart, fairly decent.
Hah. Have you seen most people?
- Most persons are smarter and more capable than they are given credit for.
Hah. Have you listened to most people?
- I’ll live up to the high expectations and precedents set by my family.
Hahahahahahaha. No hope in hell. But somehow I still think it. Strange.
- I’ll develop something brilliant in the future.
Hah. Have you seen anything I’ve developed? No, because I get bored and more on before finishing.
- The key to greatness in governance is to control less and guide more.
Yeah, like we’ll ever find out with the current shower of bastards in or running for office.
- That there is a God, that He does look out for us, and that Faith does count.
Yet to see much in the way of proof.
- That I’ll always feel a bit strange admitting the previous point.
Hey, maybe I won’t admit it someday, and that may end up feeling stranger.
- That this here island is God’s Own Country.
If it really is, why did He fill it with so many asshats?
- That Rio Ferdinand is a dumbass, in both the “cock” sense of the word, and the “stupid as a bucketload of shit” sense.
When he’s on form, he does play well and the team plays well with him.
- That sometimes, nothing is better for the soul than stopping caring what you look like, finding a dancefloor and Dancing Like A Loon?
I dunno… Sometimes getting drunk with old friends and talking shit on every topic from point 8 (above) to gun control does the trick fairly well…
There we go. A modification of a steal of a subverted meme. Just what the doctor ordered.