This time last year, I had a quick glance at the Queen’s Speech, and vented my opinions upon said speech. Generally, as I’m sure you’d be aware, I was most decidedly not in favour of it.
Guess what? They’ve only gone and scheduled another Queen’s Speech! Only a year later! Who’d’a thunk it?
Again, there are things that are less than cheerful hidden within it.
- Climate Change Bill
- Yay! More greenish nonsense, but this time with big sticks to backup the bad words.
- Pensions Bill
- I’ll be honest, I dinnae know a lot about this, but since both Tony and Gordon like it, I can only assume that it involved assraping the populace in some way. ipso facto, is bad.
- Serious Crime Bill
- See that shape on the horizon, running away very fast? That’s the last of your freedoms, and the thing chasing it is hysteria.
- Criminal Justice Bill
- Won’t lock up and criminals and sure as shit won’t allow any more justice.
- Anti-Terrorism Bill
- The “THEY NEED US” bill
- Fraud Bill
- So, the government is admitting that they’re naught but a big fraud, are they? Oh wait, they’re saying that others are the fraudsters, and that they’re the cure. Yeah, right.
- Mental Health Bill
- To be honest, I think that the rest of the bills have done more than enough damage to my mental health, thankyouverymuch.
- Road Transport Bill
- Given past experience, I somehow doubt that this is providing more roads or more ease for transport.
- Welfare Reform Bill
- Deja vu, anyone? I’m sure that that was on the list last time round…
- Crossrail Bill
- Surely this was dealt with a decade ago? Oh, wait, they’ve been talking about talking about it for well over a decade, but now they’re making it law. Yessirree, only another decade before anything is working, though…
More fun and games, courtesy of the Westminister Comedy Club.