Although I have to say there is both good, and bad in the Ballymena entry. Things I like, because they show the town in it’s true light:
- Dont miss the Ballymena Show, but get there early, the pretty sheep sell fast!
I’m not sure if this is meant to make the town look good or bad…
- Ballymena County Primary School on the Ballymoney Road. Look at it, but in the name of all that is holy DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN THERE. They will surely die.
Ah, rare honesty from the locals.
- The local crack houses as we have many to choose from
Need I say more?
- JUST BEEN VOTED THE MOST MISERABLE TOWN IN THE UK. BEST TO HAVE IT ALL OUT IN THE OPEN. EVERY TIME I COME BACK I WONDER HOW I MADE IT THROUGH MY !* YRS GROWING UP THERE, GOD IT’S DULL.
Official recognition? What more does a town need?
Things I don’t like. Because Ballymena people have the audacity to slag off other people:
- how about all the girl/boy racers taking their tacky looking cars to a more suitable place to race around (randalstown)or (antrim) and join the other undesierables that live in these hellholes.
Excuse me? There is a case for calling Randalstown a hellhole, but to say we’re all undesirables compared to Ballymena (heroin capital of Ireland, and that’s it’s best point) folk is just wrong.
- the fact that ne1 who is at all alternative (13year olds in linkin park hoddies dont count) is dispised in ballymena, by the narrow minded addidas wearin dance heads and shams. if its not them lookin down ther noses at u its sum wee slut in a hangin off a shems arm, while he parades her bout town.even worse is the big i am holier than tho culture in bmena,im not against religion,just patronising people who judge faith on whether ur wearin a new outfit to church that week and if its “fashionable”. also, that places like kens car park still exist for little boys in ther over dressed, under powered corsas……….for gawds sake get a real car,not just a big exhaust. The lack of place to go out,and tullyglass DOES NOT count,esp if ur in2 alt rock,nu metal etc………its non existant,so if u like that stuf get ur ass up2 bfast-limelite,auntie annies etc. the fact that all the shops are trendy…..no good alt clothin shops. Bmena is a parallel universe of simple people w/ awful attitudes,brought up in narrow minded views,and forced to indure the droll of westlife or dance music,bein totally deprived of all else. TIP OF UR LIFETIME PEOPLE…………….GET OUTA THER WHILE U STIL CAN. p.s. belfast is good.
The quality of the rants. Although I like the capitals…
Speaking of which, I got a relevant joke the other day:
Q. Whats the difference between a corsa and a hedgehog?
A. A hedgehog has pricks on the outside.
Not the funnyest, but it reflects Ballymena well…