Several days were had in fine company and nice surroundings. Which was nice.
TLG demonstrating why wise men don’t mess with her. Luckily enough, I’m not a wise man.
- Aircraft porn, in general.
- The Chinook, doing things that I’m pretty sure would destroy the R22 if I ever tried them.
- The Red Arrows, entertaining as always.
- The BBMF Hurricane and Spitfire. Me likee.
- The Eurofighter. Because of the unholy roar.
- The Vulcan. Because it’s a friggin’ Vulcan – it doesn’t need to do anything too exciting to be exciting.
- Guns. In general.
- .22 calibre revolvers, in some specificity.
- .45 hand cannon, in more specificity.
- An entertaining cat.
- Food, drink, craic and all that stuff.
Editorialising of the scoreboard was done by the Range Officers. I think that they were slightly less than impressed with my performance.
Things that were bad:
- Pineapple Express. A movie so shockingly bad that even I – who swear by the gods of Anchorman and Happy Gilmore – couldn’t find anything good to say about it.
- The non-rent paying travellers on the back of the entertaining cat.
- My shocking lack of skill at the shooting. Bejaysus, I was shocking. I use as my excuse previously diagnosed eye-rubbishness, just in case you were wondering.
- The B-52 and E-3 not turning up, and the Vulcan not doing a stint with the Red Arrows.
- Having to get up at 4.30 this morning to catch a flight to ensure that I was home in time for a meeting this afternoon. Which was then cancelled. Rubbish.
No, I’m not rubbing my nipples. Well, I might be, but I’m mainly pointing to a notification of just how good I was on the day.
As I say, a good time was had. Hurrah.