Science (!) has today informed us that the genes that make men men will disappear in a mere five million years.
Men may be on the road to extinction as their genes shrink and slowly fade away, medical students have been told.
A researcher in human sex chromosomes said the male Y chromosome may run out within five million years.
Clearly this particular scientist hasn’t been paying attention to the other scientists throughout the world who have told us, without a shadow of a doubt, that we’ll be extinct long before those five million years have run their course.
Examples of things that will stop us getting to a point where we have to worry:
- Global warming/climate change – we’ll be drowned/frozen/baked before then, depending on which climate change model has yet to be proven wrong.
- The dreaded cross breed of swine flu and bird flu that’s going to kill us all – the flying pig strain.
- Toxins in the water.
- Lack of toxins in the water.
- The ozone layer packing up and going home.
- Poor dead dolphins taking us with them.
- Mobile phone emissions.
- … any number of other things that will never happen but get funding for whatever pet project the scientist in question likes.
So I think that I’ll hold off on worrying about the levels of specific genes on the Y-chromosomes. Other things to avoid worrying about just now…
** You might cross a road and be knocked down and killed! ** Uses a voice of a five-year old.
I was telling Bert about that gene thing that last night. Said he this morning, that he didn’t get a wink of sleep for worrying about it.