I was looking through some old storage boxes t’other day, as you do, and I found something from the dark days of 1999: an old PTQ magazine.
And it had something that I think we should all note: the list of country music songs that should be in every household.
- Get your tongue outta my mouth cos I’m kissing you goodbye
- I hate every bone in your body except for mine
- I still miss you baby, but my aim’s getting better1
- If I’d shot you when I wanted to I’d be out by now
- Mama get a shovel (there’s a fly on Papa’s head)
- My wife ran off with my best friend, and I sure do miss him
- She got the ring, I got the finger
- You’re the reason our kids are so ugly
I think I should head off in search of this works of modern art…
1 – I’ve been paraphrasing this one in romantic situations for years…