Things that I did over the last few days:
- Saw Wicked. It was fun, although now exactly ground-breaking. Not exactly something that I’d see again, nor would I think about breaking out into any of the songs. Bit of a shame.
- Had a nice picnic in Greenwich Park, which was good craic. And hid the beer from the cops who drove past us very, very, very slowly. Law abiding citizens, us, officer. As it turns out, I’ve checked the rules and we’re allowed to drink, so why they were eyeballing I don’t know…
- Went to a wedding show. Which was, not to put to fine a point on it, an illustration of many of the things that are wrong with the country, and with what weddings have become. I’ve no problem with paying money for things that increase the day; it’s when things become must-haves for no reason other than they cost a fuckload of money. No thanks. Also, it was rather dull and boring.
- Came down with something that has caused my nose to leak like a poorly installed tap, and also has caused a number of coughing fits. Which guarantees you a lot of space on buses these days – a major plus point, methinks.
- Watched In Bruges, in preparation for an upcoming trip to said city. And I’m now looking forward to that trip a little bit more. Beer, chocolate, biscuits. And coked up dwarfs. What more does a small town in Belgium need, eh?
- Thought of a name that might be slightly better than TLF. How does MBB grab you?
So how about the rest of you? What have you been up to?
My Beautiful Bride?
Betrothed, actually. But close enough.
Betrothed. So fogeyish, so you.
It’s good that people are starting to get me. It’s only taken six years…