Over the eight years that I’ve had this little outlet, I’d gotten to a mental place where I noted a lot of things during the course of the day that would inspire me to write some nonsense here. Be it from politics, sport, random personal stuff, strange goings on, or whatever, I’d end up quite often thinking “I should blog that”.
Clearly, over the last couple of months, I’ve forgotten that little trick. A little brain dump tells me that there were a great many things that I could have written about in that time:
- Riots. Riots, riots, everywhere. Including looting about 3/4 of a mile away and the Welsh police beig called upon to secure this part of the city.
- Dismal Irish performance in the lead-up to the RWC
- Phone hacking
- Ken ‘bastarding’ Livingstone and his complete nonsense
- My dog being bonkers
- Other dogs in our street being shot by the rozzers
- Films I’ve seen
- Books I’ve read
- New and interesting television shows (Falling Skies, anyone?)
- The new and interestingness that is my shiny Kindle
- The fact that TLW & I have passed our 1st wedding anniversary
Plus a great number of other things. The question is this: do I go back, and write something about some of those items, or do I pretend that June, July and August never happened, and wait for new stuff to inspire me? Answers on a postcard please to the usual address…